4/11/11

How can educational leaders use blogs?

I see a blog for educational leaders to be a great tool to utilize especially in the area of positive reinforcement.  I can visualize a "Good Job" or "High Five" section where the principal or other educational leaders can praise teachers/coaches for a job well done.  In addition, an "issue bin" blog can be started so teachers can express concerns through the blog.   Rather than send an email to an already full inbox of a principal, the specific issues can be addressed all in the same place and will be readily available to refer to at anytime.   To branch out upon the "issue bin," a specific topic could be chosen and as a collaborative group, anyone interested could add comments or suggestions. Finally, there could be an "announcements page" where important faculty information could be posted for those unable to attend or in lieu of a faculty meeting.  As I continue my educational journey, I am certain there are many other ways an educational leader might use a blog that I will discover along the way.    

No comments:

Post a Comment